Property Tax Payment Information
Click Here to Subscribe to Text and Email Notifications: The Ozaukee County Text and Email Notification System service sends automated notifications which may include that a tax bill has been created, a payment has been received, or a payment has not been received.
- Then, to view property specific information, click on the "Tax Data Search" link on the left side of the screen at the Treasurer website.
- Then enter the street number and street name in the correct boxes.
- Then select the parcel ID, and select the option you are looking for in the "Select Detail" drop down menu.
Property tax bills are mailed out in early-mid December. The first half of the tax bill is due by January 31st and can be paid at Town Hall or specified local banks (listed below); full payment is also accepted by January 31st at Town Hall or the same local banks. The second half is due by July 31st and is payable to Ozaukee County; Town Hall does not accept the second payment.
If you mail your tax payment, it must be postmarked on or before the due date. If you would like a receipt, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope; otherwise your canceled check is your receipt. If you are paying with a tax escrow check from a financial institution, please make sure that it is properly endorsed to the Town of Cedarburg. If the escrow check is higher than the tax bill, the difference will be refunded to you via a Town check within ten business days. Refunds related to payments made at LOCAL BANKS will be made on the spot.
Taxes can be paid at several area banks up to January 31st. Payments can be made during normal lobby hours (not drive-through tellers). Bring a copy of your tax bill(s) to process payment:
- Port Washington State Bank (Cedarburg location– lobby only): PWSB has requested residents verify their hours at their website: PWSB Website
- Horicon Bank (Grafton location lobby only);
- BMO Harris Bank (Washington Avenue Location – Lobby Only)
2nd Half Tax Payment Due to Ozaukee County by July 31st
For proper credit to your parcel, please include your parcel and/or bill number with your payment. For a return receipt, enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Options for Making the 2nd Payment to Ozaukee County
MAIL CHECK TO:
OZAUKEE COUNTY TREASURER
P.O. BOX 994
PORT WASHINGTON, WI 53074-0994
*Post-dated checks are not accepted.
121 W Main St., Port Washington
Located next to Main Street Door
click on “Pay Taxes Online Instructions”
Fees: Electronic Check $1.50 Debit Card: $3.95
Credit Card 2.39% of payment
121 W Main St, Port Washington RM 107